27 y/o F p/w right flank pain
- What is the finding labeled “A”?
- These adjacent hyperechoic structures with shadowing are representative of intrarenal calculi. CT demonstrated that this was actually a partial staghorn calculus.
- How would you describe the structure labeled “B” in sonographic terms? What do you think this is?
- This is a hypoechoic complex round mass with posterior acoustic enhancement containing internal debris consistent with perinephric abscess.
- How would you grade the hydronephrosis on image “C”?
- Notice that the dilated calyces are beginning to form the “bear paw” sign. This suggests that this is at least high-grade mild hydronephrosis.